Encrypted Data Recovery – When a computer stops working, you may be able to recover all the data you kept on it.
The most recommended thing is that you are up to date with the backup copies that you are making to your PC since they are crucial to protect all the personal or work information on your computer and, if necessary, recover the files quickly and safely.
Table of Contents
Why do they want your Data Encrypted?
There is more and more malicious software that can harm our computer as well as the data it contains; being able to block and encrypt it, we know it as ransomware.
Cybercriminals intend to extort money from the user, asking for financial compensation in exchange for their data recovery. We can say that the best-known ransomware is CryptoLocker, although others, such as Cerber, Dharma, etc.
Recommendations about the Theft of Encrypted Data
When you realize that your most personal and essential data has been stolen, it is normal for you to panic and tries to find quick and easy solutions to recover them at all costs, but that is a mistake. It is best to contact Contact experts in encrypted data recovery, like us.
Next, we will mention some of the recommendations that we suggest you make when your device data is stolen:
Don’t Pay a Ransom
Please do not do it, and no one can guarantee that you will be able to recover your encrypted data. Surely they will end up extorting you and asking you for an amount higher than what you have initially paid.
Also, paying a ransom for your data may be illegal, and you could get in trouble with the law. In many countries like the United States, it is unlawful to even for you not to notify the authorities that you have suffered a ransomware attack.
Turn off the Attacked Device
Our advice is to disconnect all the computers from the network. With this, you can prevent the encryption from spreading to the rest.
How can we Protect Ourselves against the Theft of Encrypted Data?
Typically, the main consequences of data theft are economical, whether an individual or a company, but they can also have implications in terms of the reputation of your business if you suffer from identity theft. We should be protected against data and identity theft for all this and more.
If you are an individual, this is what we advise you to have your data well protected:
- Avoid clicking on suspicious links in emails or messages (parcel companies that ask you to enter personal data).
- Use a good antivirus.
- Use changed passwords for each account and make them long, with symbols, uppercase and lowercase, and characters.
- Change passwords if you think you’ve been the victim of data theft.
On the other hand, if you are a company, the recommendations we give you are the following:
- Encrypt all your client’s information, which is confidential of the company that is in devices such as computers.
- Your company’s workers must be trained in cybersecurity and respect and comply with all security measures and protocols for protecting encrypted data.
- Use virtual private networks for remote connections and ensure that employees set strong passwords and do not connect from public networks.
- It establishes a limited number of people who can access all the confidential information of the company, as well as the clients’ data. You container do this by setting up an access system based on levels of responsibility or need.
Fast Pair makes it Easy to Connect your Bluetooth Headphones
Bluetooth Headphones: Wireless headphones are becoming more and more visible in public spaces. You can come across them in all…
What is Instagram: Everything You Should Know
Want to understand better what Instagram is? Indeed, it is worth understanding this social network’s functioning, characteristics, and trends. Afina,…